Thursday, October 19, 2006

As Tall As Lions. A musical love child of sorts.


Alright, Ive been talking about this band for ages now. Ever since I first saw them 5 years ago at The Downtown on Long Island, I've been obsessed. Their lead singer and the band as a whole puts on a incredible show full of emotion and energy. Ive even created a word to describe their sound. Their sound is a purely sexual experience for the ears, an "audiorgasm." So in wanting to review their album I wasn't put at a loss for words, just, wanted to give them justice.

People ask me all the time, you love As Tall As Lions so much, what do they sound like? And anyone who knows me knows im the worst at 2 things. 1. Retelling a story, and 2. saying what a band sound likes. However, a friend of mine at absolutepunk.net fowared this to me and it is dead on. Their review reads:
As Tall As Lions can soar like U2, groove like Days Away, get as technical as Gatsby’s American Dream, rock out like Brand New, experiment like The Mars Volta, and even emote like Damien Rice. Seamlessly streamlining these qualities, the band has turned out a surprisingly adult, grown-up, complete, hypnotic, entrancing, brave, and layered sophomore effort with lasting appeal to boot. I’m just about out of adjectives, but please don’t miss one of the best that 2006 has to offer. It requires more than a single listen to truly consume and digest the songwriting which at first might seem to blend, but all efforts will be handsomely rewarded, and soon each track becomes distinct.




There it is my friends. Hopefully ill be able to get a interview with them when they are in town so I will have more ATAL love for you guys.

Well its time for class, again.

So won't you please, be my neighbor?

Jimi

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

love love love this album!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home