Thursday, October 12, 2006

Hello Stranger, Moneen, and other random acts of kindness

So if I could give you one guess on where I am, where would you guess? Yup, the ever so faithful computer lab here at Pace University.

So anyway on to more relevant news. Two days ago I got to interview this awesome band, Hello Stranger. They came in to the WPUB studio and we had a grand old time. I asked them the age old question "Is Pop dead?" and we got into this whole big debate on the definition of "pop." It was fantastic and im going to try to get them to come to the show next time they are in town. So check them out their website is www.hellostranger.tv or their myspace www.myspace.com/hellostrangermusic .

In other news, I got to see a band that I happen to wake up to every morning when my ipod goes off. Moneen. In what I thought was a mediocre turn out at the knitting factory was actually a big turnout for them said the bassist of the band. I got the moneen album last year in the studio and when i put it in the player i was like. Woah these guys are good. I was under the impression that they were bigger then they really are in reality. Anyway I ramble. They put on an awesome show the other night and kudos to that. A lot of bands now try to play the same show at every city they go to and moneen tried to make it personal with the NYC crowd.

Justin Hawkins, here is your memorial spot on my blog. Your spot in The Darkness can never be replaced. ( for those who dont know, Justin left the band due to a cocaine addiction.)

So I totally had more planned for this post but I guess I didnt because I am having a major brain fart right now. Im thinking i really dont want to go to my third world class but if my history professor wasnt so damn funny in a old man kind of way, i wouldnt.

OH OH i know what i wanted to say!

Few cds/bands to check out and stay away from for those thursting for new music.

Stay away from the Cobra Starship. Fans of their hit "snakes on a plane" will be dissapointed with their album. There isnt the "oomph" that snakes on a plane had throughout the album. Id give it one listen, just to make sure you dont like it.

The killers album. Check it out only because, everyone in the world is checking it out. My honest opinion about it? Only 3 real singles. Like the old album. Everything else sounds like the same musical crap that mainstream bands are putting out.

Senses Fail album. Check that out. It is awesome. They totally reinvented themselves again while keeping some old senses fail in the music. Its very, new avenged sevenfold. The guitar solos will rip your face off they are that good.

Umm another brainfart.

Oh dan sartain. Check him out hes sooooo good.

Also for those who are unaware. The Nightmare Before X-Mas is coming out again later this month. This time in 3-D!!!!!! Holla! But yeah check out their myspace, they have new songs up. Well, old songs, new artists. This soundtrack will kick serious ass. www.myspace.com/nightmare3d for a good time.

Well thats it for now. Ive gotta get to class and i need to stop watching the girl next to me blantaly plagerize for her spanish paper. Its funny.

Well, from russia with love,
Jimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home