Monday, November 27, 2006

Where oh where have the Pop.Is.Dead posts gone?

Well for starters they haven't gone very far. They have been accumulating in my head for quite some time now. The past week or two have been very eventful for me at least, which has been keeping me away from the realm of music for a bit. Its crazy how life goes. One week i will be immersed in music and another, ill be completely torn away from it.

Anyway lets get started.

The new Brand New album "The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me" has been out for a week and let me tell you, it is definitely worth the 13 or so dollars at your local record store. Ive listened to it too many times to count but that is what I usually do to get a feel for the album. most tracks on the album are solid. You can tell that Jesse Lacey has done a lot of maturing since "Deja." The music aspect of it kicks ass, you get a feeling that "Your Favorite Weapon" and "Deja" mated, and this was the product. Going into this album I had expected something more along the lines of something more epic. I love this album to death, I just don't think it was worth the 4 year wait.

I plan on starting something every Tuesday, that's along the lines of "Whats new?" I promise it wont have that bad of a name, I'm the king of title making. It will be a summary of the 5 albums that I add on the CMJ charts for each week. It will give those looking for new music a chance to see whats out there and get something new to listen to.

I had originally intended this post to be more of a post with news but i cant stop myself from mentioning my actions of last week.

For those who do not know, I was in the 80th Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. I was on the Build-A-Bear Workshop Float shaking my bear tail as Bearemy the BABW mascot. I got to share the float with pop sensation "Hannah Montana" aka Miley Cyrus aka Billy Ray Cyrus's daughter (yes "Achey Brakey Heart" Billy Ray Cyrus). I never realized how many people were Hannah Montana crazy. The parade was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I also got to share a bus with Ciara (of "1,2 step" fame) and she is absolutely stunning in person.

Anyway, I'm actually pressed for time I need to run to Spanish class but I'm back and full of fun stuff.

In the meantime, if you need something to listen to today, check out the new ep out by The Rocket Summer titled "Early Days." Also I've been listening to Forward, Russia! more and more, its good stuff.

I'm out like a light,
Jimi

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home