Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Vinny Testaverde is the NFL's Barbara Streisand

How can I make a comparison like that? They both just don't know when to give up. So i'm sitting in psych class, just finished a test, and i picked up the New York Times' sports section. I flip through the pages to get to the NFL section when I see a sentence that sofar has been uttered in every article in every paper regarding this topic.
Vinny Testaverde, who came out of retirement last season to help out the New York Jets, was signed on Tuesday by New England.

Questions for two people.

First one, for Vinny. Why? I think New Yorkers remember hearing something about "never playing for another team other then the Jets" when his father died. Also I think we remember hearing "I'm helping the jets because I want to, not because they asked me to"

Second question, for Bill Belichick (head coach for the Patriots). Why? Vinny is a shell of his former self, his stats for last season show that. Lets review his numbers.

For passing:
GP - 6
Comp - 60
Att - 106
Pct - 56.6
Yds - 777
TD - 1
INT - 6

Rushing:
Att - 7
Yds - 4
TD - 2

Not the worst of his career, but certainly nowhere near the best.

He's a fossil now. If the Patriots defense is letting Brady get manhandled, whats to say Vinny won't get the same beating? They are just asking to have another potentially injured QB.

Well im done ranting, I think the fumes have settled. Maybe i'm just a angry New Yorker, maybe i'm ranting because I feel betrayed, but nothing good can come of this. I hope he plays soon so when the Patriots lose, ill feel good about myself.

Another Pop.Is.Dead post.....is in the can.
Jimi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home